Marriage Licenses

Mrs. Bride, Mr. Groom

Town Clerk

1 River Road

Bozrah, CT 06334
860.889.2689 Ext. 201
Mon - Wed 9  AM to 4 PM & Thursday 9 AM to 6 PM

If you are planning to marry, you and your spouse-to-be must appear in person at the town clerk's office:

to apply for a marriage license.  The marriage license is issued to ensure that you and your spouse-to-be are eligible to be married.  You must apply for your marriage license at the vital records office of the town where the marriage is to take place.
You will need to complete the marriage license application, provide identification and make a sworn statement that the information that you provide is true.  You no longer need to have a blood test to obtain a marriage license in Connecticut.
Once the marriage ceremony takes place, the marriage officiator will submit the license to the registrar of vital records of the town where the marriage took place.  The registrar will then register the license and place it on file for permanent record.  Once registered, the marriage license becomes a vital record and is referred to as a marriage certificate.